Friday, September 23, 2011

Daniella Fusaro's First, Last and Best Reading Memory

My name is Daniella Fusaro and I am senior at Montclair State University. I am a Family and Child Studies major with a concentration in K-5 and will graduate this May. I cannot believe how fast college went but I am excited to get out into the real world and have my own classroom!

I have to say I do not really remember my first reading memory because I was so young. I do know that I always had tons of books in my room and would have my parents read to me before bed all the time. My first experience probably had something to do with Minnie Mouse because she was my favorite Disney character and my room was even themed around her. I do remember I had a book called Minnie and Me that my parents made especially for me about my third birthday and it had my name in it and everything. I loved that book and made sure everyone read it to me every chance they could. I eventually started to memorize it after a while.

My last reading memory was the Twilight series. As you can tell I do not have much free time to read. I have to confess that I would never be one of those fans who were obsessed and I wanted to prove everyone's obsession with vampires wrong. After reading the first few chapters I started to really like it and became quite addicted. My theory obviously failed but at least I found a new genre that I enjoyed. I am not going to lie I am very upset that the series is over and I do wait for the movies to come out but they are just not the same.

My best reading memory would have to be the Harry Potter series. When the first book came out I was only seven and I remember I went to the library and got it on tape. I did not know if I would be interested in wizards or that type of genre but it was highly talked about so I gave it a try. As the rest of the series came out and the books became bigger and bigger, I began to feel a lot more accomplished with myself because I was not only able to read them but read them so quickly. It was an interesting series that I really liked and could finish fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment