Friday, September 16, 2011

Laura Granger's First, Last, and Best Reading Memories

Hi my name is Laura Granger. I am currently a "super senior" and I plan on graduating in May. My first reading memory would have to be when my mother would take my siblings and I outside and we would read books under the big Pine tree on the front lawn. The library was right across the street from my house so we would go there after lunch and pick out the books we wanted to read that day. I usually picked the book, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs because of all the beautiful illustrations and I thought that if I read the book enough it might actually happen (over active imagination as a child). My mother was also a Pre-School teacher and was very dramatic when she read to us making it more enjoyable.
My last reading memory would be reading the series of books The Chronicles of Faerie by O.R. Melling. There are four books in this series and each one tells a different story that all somehow wind up tying together in the end. The books take place in Ireland and show the reader that "things aren't always as they appear". These books also blend Irish mythology with geography and that way the reader can learn a lot about Ireland while being engaged in a story.
My best reading memory would have to be reading the American Girl book series about Molly. Molly grew up during World War II and the books take you on a journey of her life and how she handled certain situations based on that time frame. I really enjoyed this book series a lot. After I had finished the book series I asked my parents if I could get the Molly American Girl Doll for Christmas but instead I wound up getting something even better a Border Collie puppy who of course I named Molly. Molly has been right by my side now for 13 years and she is definitely better than a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment