Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jaimie Ekiert's First, Last and Best Reading Memory



Hi my name is Jaimie Ekiert and I am a senior at Montclair State University and I will be graduating this spring semester. My major is Family and Child Studies Concentration Family and Children in School Settings (K-5). I am also pursuing certification in Middle School Science and English. I truly enjoy working with children and I cannot wait to have a classroom of my own one day.

I do not remember my first reading memory because I was too young to know what reading meant, but my parents read to my sisters and I all the time from infants to young school students. We would always ask my dad to read us The Three Little Pigs at bedtime and an assortment of other books. My parents and family would read the books that had the buttons for sound affect s that you pressed as you went through the story. I had many books about Disney stories, which I constantly wanted to read because of the movies. Many of these books I still have today that are waiting to get passed on to my children some day.

My last reading experience was last year (not a big reader!) My Family Sociology class required us to pick out a self-help book, or advice book, and do a project on it. My group picked the book Love, Lust and Faking It: The Naked Truth about Sex, Lies, and True Romance by Jenny McCarthy. Even though I normally do not read for pleasure, this book was extremely entertaining. This assignment became fun because I was so caught up in this book. The majority of book was based on experiences so it was not your typical self-help book. Overall the experience was very amusing and we got an A on our assignment!

My best reading memory is reading the Twilight series. I accidentally stumbled upon this book. One of my friends was assigned the book in her class and I was bored while she was doing homework one day and I picked it up to read the first page just to pass some time. After the first few pages I realized I was hooked and loved the book. I continued to join her while she did her homework just so I could continue to read the book. I had to of course go out and buy the other books so I could finish the series. I read the final book Breaking Dawn so slowly because I was upset that it was all coming to an end. I hope to find another series like Twilight to get interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment